We appreciate your kind tax-deductible donation to FORE.
As a service to the Bay Area community, FORE is proud to offer a wonderful group of osteoporosis education speakers... more
FORE has put together a useful list of other great resources about osteoporosis.... more
Learn more about the award-winning Faces of Osteoporosis and buy the book! more
Certain kinds of exercise can help you fight against bone loss? more
Purchase a DXA Machine
Are you purchasing a new DXA machine?
Here are a few things you should know:
- The manufacturer must report your new DXA machine to the (FDA) Food and Drug Administration. The responsibility to report the machine to the State Radiological Health Branch is that of the purchaser's.
- At the time of registration, you will be required to list a Supervising Operator. This can be a MD (Medical Doctor), DO (Doctor of Osteopathy) or a DC (Doctor of Chiropractic).
- Title 17 must be available on the premises when operating a DXA machine.
- X-Ray warning signs must be posted.
- The license of the technician must be displayed as well as that of the Supervising Operator.